Windows 10 came with its fair share of problems especially with regards to system updates. Error code 0x80190194 is one of the numerous error messages you may encounter on your PC after attempting to perform an update. The codes look complex to the novice eye but there is no cause for worry. They are meant for vendors to track down the source of the issue and the possible workaround. But until then, you too can solve the problem all by yourself.
While at first the error code may seem a mild problem, it may lead to graver consequences on your computer. It can result in partial installation of utilities, system file discrepancies, and even sudden powering off of the system. Even system registry entries are vulnerable in the event of this error.
Fixing Error Code 0x80190194
The above error can be fixed using two methods. You can carry out a system restore or download the Error 0x80190194 repair utility.
Method 1: Manually restore your PC
To manually restore your PC, do the following;
- Log into your computer as an Administrator (or have Administrator credentials with you at hand).
- Click on “Start”. In the search box, type “System Restore”.
- System restore icon appears; click on it.
- On the resulting window, select a restore point of your liking and proceed. Make sure it is a point where the computer was working well without any bugs.
- Click next and restart the computer when prompted.
If you are not up to the task of restoring your PC, Windows have a ready-made utility that you can use to solve the error.
Method 2: Using repair utility
Here is how to do it;
- Connect you PC to the internet and fetch the repair utility from here. (not authorized)
- Install it (double click on the downloaded file and proceed as instructed. If asked for administrator credentials, key them in).
- After installation, open the utility and click “Scan”.
- The repair utility scans your PC and displays all possible problems identified.
- Click on the “fix Error” button.
- Restart your PC.
You have now eliminated the problem.